How to Job Search online
One of the questions I am regularly asked by potential candidates is ‘I’m looking for a new job – how do go about it?’
A well written, focused, clear and easy to read CV is absolutely essential for any job search. This is a job in itself and not as easy as you might think, which is why asking for help from a professional CV Writer will make your job hunt much more successful more quickly.
Years ago, before the internet, you had to register with local recruitment agencies and you relied on them to find you the perfect job. Nowadays, with everything done online, it’s quite different. You can still register with agencies if you find one that is recommended or it specialises in your industry, however ideally you need to do much more:
- Create your online CV with Linkedin. Around 93% of recruiters search for candidates using Linkedin. If your Linkedin profile is basic or isn’t optimised, it won’t work! Why take that chance?
- Register with the top job boards, where you should be able to upload your CV and create text or email alerts for jobs that suit your skills and experience. Some job boards give excellent career resources too, so spend some time doing research.
- Twitter – if you haven’t already got a Twitter account create one. Like Linkedin, its an excellent way to find jobs and promote yourself.
- Communicate – don’t be afraid to talk to former colleagues, friends, family and even neighbours. Being referred is a much better and easier way to find a job if someone has recommended you.
- Tailor your CV – is an absolute must for every job you apply for. If you hire Premium CVs to help with your CV, your job search will be substantially quicker as you will be given all the tools for a successful job search.
To keep on top of your job search it’s best to do it every day, and apply as soon as you see something that appeals or is a good match. All jobs will have a deadline, so if you don’t apply promptly you might miss out.
Guest bloggers welcome (fee applies). Please contact Sue on 01825 761890 or email@example.com for more information.